Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mekaneck, what the heck?

You are looking at the 1980's vintage He-Man character Mekaneck. This coveted item from my childhood was just rediscovered in an eBay auction. You twist the mans hips to extend his neck. My childhood friend that owned one would use this ability to peer over walls without exposing his men to the harmful rubberband attacks from my Castle Grey Scull. I also remember screaming the line "I have the power" several times during the event - any fans out there?

The eBay item also stated that he comes from a smoke free environment - he must be one of the good guys.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I was always more of a She-Ra type fan...but I like. Now I know what to get you for Christmas.

Poppy said...

The real Mekaneck is the guy in the picture to the right --getting smacked on the noggin by Sheera in the mystical land of LaGaloon.

Kyle Bob said...

Austin I used to have the guy with the extending neck. He was half-snake half-man....true story. And also he was red...pray, do tell me what was his name again? I can't remember.